December 5, 2010

worst effin' migraine in my life, so far

Today I thought I was dying. Gaain. At least, for nearly a whole day I wished I was.  I've had the worst migraine I have had in many, many years... it took TWO Zomigs, a small coffee, and a bottle of yucky yet effective homemade electrolyte (my own recipe: 500ml spring water, 1 Tbsp pure glucose, 1/2 tsp salt).  Zomig is the only thing that relieves my migraines; at roughly 17 dollars a pill it better f*ckin' work.  Caffeine is a vasoconstrictor for the enlarged thus painful arteries in the brain.  Electrolyte solution is: water for hydration, salt (sodium) to balance blood pressure, and glucose is a brain food that bypasses blood-brain barrier and feeds the brain directly from bloodstream, without having to be "digested" into anything else prior.  Well, maybe weird but it worked; my 'graine is 85 percent gone, and I'm yet again well enough to tidy up the kitchen (there is a man in the house, ya know, LOL), and type away a short post for today. 
Speaking of a man in the house - if it wasn't for that man today, I think I'd shoot myself in the head just to relieve the excruciating pain.  Really.  He went to the pharmacy and bought my prescription, and he brought home Tokyo Express take-out to feed me.  Best man in the world, at least in MY world. Period.

Other concern is that, right now, both of my eyes are yet again severely inflammed (scleritis; incurable but treatable with prednisone which I really hate to take 'cause it makes all my systems go haywire).  The left one looks like a ripe cherry, and the right one has a cherry-colored patch below the lower eyelid.  On a funny note - this would go well on Halloween and make my zombie getup far more realistic looking, don't you think?  Yes, it hurts like hell.  Yes, I will once again stuff myself with Aleve before bedtime... yes, I will have a hole in my stomach soon :(
I'll type something more positive soon, as soon as there is something positive to report.