February 20, 2011

Empress's new boots

Oh, man, I love these boots!  Just wrote a review but it's not up yet so... here's a copy:
I could not be happier with these boots! They fit me perfectly and seem to be true to size, and width. Zappos lists them in Euro sizing so, just to make sure, I googled for the "online shoe conversion"; so happens the size 39 is NOT a size 9 (as listed) but 8.5.  That is fine with me as I wear 8.5 - 9, depending on the style and/or width.
I have a 14.75 inch calf, and the 15 inch circumference fits like a glove, with just enough room for jeggings, which was my main objective.
The boots are surprisingly easy to put on and take off, with or without socks, or nylons.  They are quite comfy; I do plan on adding an extra cushy insole though.
The leather seems of good quality, and not flimsy or thin, but also not stiff and the boots are slouching only maybe half an inch, if that.
The color is great, I'd say brown-mushroom.  The weathering is very stylin', too, no complaints here as I love that look... and I'm over 50 (but young at heart), and fully plan on strutting in these puppies as soon as weather permits. 
Speaking of weather, I did not wear my lovely boots outside yet; they have zero thread for wintery slippery surfaces, and I also don't want to get them wet.
Overall: 5 stars!